TRUE WISDOM CAN ONLY BE FOUND BY GOING TO GOD

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask GOD, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

Thursday, March 11, 2010

.....and she said, " JUST BE THERE ,THATS ALL."

WOW !!It has been a whole week since i have been here , but time spent away always makes my heart grow fonder of this site ....... I'll share with you a little bit about what happened when my stand at the farmers market closed up for the winter season. A friend of mine called one day ,early on this winter, to ask me if i'd like to help out with the care of her friends mom (95 years young ),who was living alone and in need of some daily care....... I decided to accept thinking that winter season wouldn't feel so cold and spring would arrive sooner than later !! Little did i know that i was about to receive a lesson from my LORD on christian obedience and the different seasons of our lives instead . So early each morning i would begin my day and ask the LORD to reveal to me what it was most that this woman needed besides her basic physical care . He would always bring to my attention that i was to be extra kind and very respectful to her because she was in the winter season of her life . This brought me to the scripture in the OLD TESTAMENT ,"Rise in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your GOD . " LEVITICUS 19:32 I had not known if this woman knew of the LORD, but i did know what the LORD revealed to me as i prayed. And so it was, as i began the long winter season with a 95 year old woman in need of physical care ,kindness and respect . As time passed, there were days on which i was so excited i accepted this assignment that i found myself looking forward to getting up, despite the sub zero temperatures . And then there were those other days where i was so sorry i accepted the request,that i would bury my head under the pillow and wait until the very last minute to dress and go.Through it all however i held true to my obedience to the LORD to be extra kind and respectful. I wondered what it was the LORD was trying to teach me , until just the other day ,as i sat next to her it clicked . As we both sat quietly in the living room i was thinking of how my time spent there was not appreciated as it should be but still yet i asked , " V , can i do anything for you ? " and as she picked up her head and slowly turned to me she weakly stated , " Just be there thats all. " Sometimes the situations in our lives really don't require us to do anything at all but to " just be there ". ...................................................summer

4 comments:

  1. Hi Summer;

    Your post reminds me of at times in my life God has brought me to a season of rest, He has spoken, "Be still and know that I am God."

    I love how you asked how you could best minister to Him. Continue to ask, He loves that and will certainly guide you.

    bless you!

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 6 1/2 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  2. KIMMIE, I AM ALWAYS ENCOURAGED BY THE WOMEN WHO ARE LOOKING AT THIS BLOG OF MINE ..... WHEN I FIRST STARTED THIS SITE I WOULD WONDER IF ANY ONE WOULD READ OR FIND IT BUT I AM FINDING THIS TO BE MORE OF A PLACE FOR ME TO RELEASE A PART OF MY SOUL THAT I WOULD NOT NORMALLY LET GO OF OR SPEAK OUT LOUD ABOUT..... WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOY TO MEET YOU ..... ENJOY YOUR NIGHT AND DO KNOW YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS ( YOU & YOUR KNIGHT HAVE A WONDERFUL ASSIGNMENT FROM THE LORD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello darling thanks so much for visiting my cottage and for the sweet words you left behind, much appreciated. I am delighted that our blogs crossed, now I have a lovely world to visit on daily basis.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  4. duchess, thank you for visiting place as well!!

    ReplyDelete